Netanyahu says he was successfully treated for prostate cancer

Netanyahu says he was successfully treated for prostate cancer
Health

Listen to this article

0%

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that he had received successful treatment for early-stage prostate cancer, without specifying when the treatment took place.

In a statement on social media, as his annual medical report was released, Netanyahu, 76, said an early stage malignant tumor had been discovered during a routine checkup.

He said β€œtargeted treatment” had removed β€œthe problem” and left no trace of it.

According to the medical report, which otherwise said the prime minister was in good health, Netanyahu was treated with radiation therapy for early-stage prostate cancer.

Neither the medical report nor Netanyahu said when the treatment occurred.

Israel’s longest-serving prime minister said that he had delayed the release of the medical report by two months to prevent Iran from spreading β€œfalse propaganda against Israel”.

In March, during the US-Israeli war on Iran, rumors that circulated on social media and aired on Iranian state media alleged that Netanyahu had died.

The Israeli leader later recorded a video of himself visiting a Jerusalem cafe in March to refute the claims.

Netanyahu underwent surgery on his prostate in 2024 after he was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection resulting from a benign prostate enlargement. In 2023, he was fitted with a pacemaker.

Elections are due to be held in Israel by October.

Leave A Comment

Comments are moderated and may take time to appear.

Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Stay Connected